Thursday, March 31, 2011

Im Getting Married....Again!!!

May 2nd, Brandon and I will be married for 3 years. I can't believe its been that long. Brandon and I started dating my Sophomore year of high school, which was 9 years ago. 


So, about the title of this blog. In Dec. 2007 Brandon proposed and I said....YES!! Since we started dating in May we decided to get married in May. Which only gave me 5 months to plan. We it came down to it I couldn't get it done by myself and we didn't have a lot of money. We just decided the easiest way was to just go to the courthouse and have a wedding later on when we had the time to plan everything and had the money to do it. Well the time has come. We have the time since we are not going to have the wedding until May 2012. That will give us a little over a year to get everything done. We also will have the money since, we can save money back and are not in a rush to buy everything. 


Since we are already married, I don't want to have the typical wedding. Brandon and I have already had that, somewhat. I know weddings are celebration of two people getting married and sharing that with friends and family and I want that too but more of the fun and celebrating. Most weddings I have been to you have a ceremony, which I want the typical ceremony. I want my dad to walk me down the aisle and saying our vows. Since we said the repeat vows the 1st time I want us to write our own vows this time(just have to get the hubby on board). When it comes to the reception, you eat, dance, and cut the cake. We will also have that but a little extra.


With that said, the theme of our wedding is:Carnival Theme


I know it sounds weird but we want to have fun and how can you not have fun with a theme like that. I seen some pictures when I was searching and I fell in love but if you knew Brandon you would know that he is hard to please and isn't on board with a lot of my ideas. When I told him the idea I wish I had a camera to take his picture. He was definitely against it but when I showed him the pictures he was on board. 


Below are some of the pictures that I showed him and that I am getting my inspiration from. You will definitely be posted on all the projects and the planning we will be doing in the year. Also, if you run across pictures, items, or anything else that you think can help us or that we need let us know so we can check it out. 







4 comments:

  1. Wow, that will be really fun... I have never thought of a carnival theme wedding, but it would be super fun. I like how classy the pictures you have are, they don't look cheap carnival... I think you can pull it off. At one wedding I went too, instead of giving you mints or candy to take home with you, they had cotton candy already made on a stick They had the cotton candy displayed on a rack {almost like a coat rock} the the cotton candy was in their colors... Anyway, I thought it was fun and cute.

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a lot of fun to plan--nice that you have lots of time to do it also. The internet is an awesome source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so neat that you get to get married "again", and feel the specialness all over again! :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marsha,
    I found it!
    Now that I met Brandon, I can better understand his reaction. The brothers would probably vote for a Marvel vs. Capcom theme. The pictures really help to see what you have in mind and it looks like a fantastic idea and one you don't see everyday. If I see anything cool 'carnival' theme in our travels I will send it your way. In the meantime we can plan our xmen costumes for Halloween instead. :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete